Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What's in a Name?

For some reason, tonight I was thinking back on when Emerson was born and laughing at all of our silly nicknames for her since that time. Actually, it started when she was still in my belly. First she was Bun in the Oven, then just Bun... then Bunners... then Wonder Bunder. After she was born she received all sorts of strange monikers:
  • Munchkin
  • Punkin
  • Punkin-ator
  • Munchers
  • Smunchers
  • Sister
  • Sister Sue
  • Muncheroobie
  • and my favorite of all time.... Sister Sue-bie Muncheroobie. This one has now developed into a regular song sung by none other than Daddy, the great crooner.

I just love nicknames. I remember my favorite from grade school: Becca Lettuce & Tomato (my initials were BLT). I also got Becca Lecca Hi, Becca Hiney Ho. Mostly I was Bec. Then there was my least favorite, courtesy of my brother who knew I hated to be incorrectly called Becky or Rebecca. He called me Rebecky. Thanks, Jace.

Any of you have any funny nicknames to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment