Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Siblings

Tonight as I was lounging in the living room with the kids, waiting for Daddy to come home for dinner, I decided it would be fun to snap a few pictures of the munchkins and maybe even get them together for a few. Okay, for those of you who know me well, the word 'few' can never be placed in the same sentence with the word 'pictures.' I become the freakin' paparazzi when I get my Sony Cyber-Shot in my hands. But tonight, little did I know I would witness some sibling magic through my little 2" screen. First of all, I had Emerson come over and give Jax some 'Bubba Tisses' as she so affectionately calls them. Notice the look on his face as he hears/sees her coming.

This next picture is like those National Geographic clips of the lion going in for the kill on a poor, helpless gazelle. She's got her death grip on his little onesie, and little man is even trying to look away. All the while I'm reminding her to be GENTLE, Emerson, GENTLE.



Here's the after shot. Notice the approximately 5" drool string connecting the two of them. Nice. She really laid one on him. He looks completely paralyzed, probably from fear.

Next I thought I'd take the fun to a whole 'nother level by letting the serial kisser hold the fear-stricken baby. The minute I placed his chubby self against Emerson, she immediately burst into her normal laughing that borders screaming. It's this almost hysterical laugh that is shockingly funny and catches people off guard if they're not ready. She also apparently decides to put him in a choke hold, something I missed while viewing the festivities through my afore-mentioned 2" screen.


Brother has enough and decides to just punch her in the nose.

Emerson then apologizes for her shenanigans and instead focuses her energy on measuring just how much Jax has grown. And sucking her thumb.


Our little evening ends on a high note... my two precious children decided to do a little snuggling. The almost-two-year-old loving on her 16-lb-6-oz-bulldog-of-a-9-week-old brother is undoubtedly going to be one of my favorite pictures from his baby months. I had this crazy flash-forward, imagining them all grown up, realizing that their love for each other starts right now and I get to witness it. What a precious gift. I love being a Mommy.

5 comments:

  1. This is your best post yet! I LOVED IT!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a precious picure that last one is!! you have some adorable kiddos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca! They are the cutest! I still cannot believe I have never even seen Emerson :(
    That last picture is too cute. And really, could Emerson look anymore like her Daddy?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! The last photo of them is precious. I can't believe how big Jax is for 9 months-I just want to squeeze his cheeks ;)
    becca t.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I love them! And Jax def. looks like you! I have yet to figure out how to get my pictures under my post, you have to help me with this whole blog thing... I'm new =) Love ya, wish our girls could play too. I think we would be laughing the whole time! Miss you friend =)

    ReplyDelete