Jax rolled over yesterday from his tummy to his back! I didn't actually witness it... I laid him down for some tummy time in the living room on his blankie, walked into the kitchen to put the dishes in the dishwasher, and when I came back, there he was on his back with a look that said, 'Well, would you believe that?! I don't really know what just happened, but I think I kind of liked it.' I was so proud. I called Daddy (who was fishing with Pa-Pa and Uncle Travis) and left a message with the exciting news. It doesn't take much these days, folks. ;)
I'm also wondering if Jax is teething. It seems a little early at only 4 months, but he has really been gnawing at his hands lately, his nose has been runny, and I would say he's fussier than normal. Emerson got her first teeth at 5 months, so I guess it's possible. It just seems so early!
We got up from our normal Sunday naps just a little bit ago. I think Jason and I have taken a Sunday nap for pretty close to every Sunday of our seven years of marriage. I seriously LOVE them. We usually sleep for close to two hours, and it's always a good, hard sleep that makes you feel groggy and comatose when you wake up. Usually I wake up a little too groggy, and what Jason refers to as my 'Grumpster' side comes out. It's strange that this happens only after Sunday nap because I'm your prototypical morning person. When my two feet hit the floor in the morning, I'm pretty much up and ready to face the day. I think I used to drive my family nuts growing up with my morning chipperness. You know the excitement and anticipation you feel on Christmas morning? Imagine that. Every day. I know... it's a sickness.
So now we're watching the PGA Championship. Emerson woke up from her nap after we did, and we could hear her shouting, "Momma, Daddy! Momma, Daddy!" Then she started counting from 1-10. It's really quite comical to listen outside her door sometimes. Yesterday it was, "Ginkle, ginkle, yittle stah." I LOVE IT!!! Anyway, she walked into the living room, saw that the PGA was on, and yelled, "Doff!" Then she saw my favorite player and yours and yelled, "Tigah Wooooods!" Speaking of, Tiger and Elin's children are almost the exact age of our two, and they have girl then boy, too. Is it wrong to hope that at least one of our children becomes a superstar golfer and ends up at the same college as one of the Woods offspring? I mean, it would just be terrible to have to show up at the same events with Mr. and Mrs. Woods, right?
So long for now. I'm off to the living room for some good Doff watching.
Hey Parker and Tiger share a birthday... but he also shares one with Lebron. Jace is hoping more for a basketball star, but would be good with either one. =)
ReplyDelete