I was pureeing sweet potatoes for Baby J tonight and Jason turned on the Light Classical station on the TV for me for some 'ambience' while I worked in the kitchen. He's always doing random acts of service like that... one of the many reasons I love him so. Anyway, there was a particularly enjoyable tune coming from the TV, so I glanced over to see who the composer was and what the title was. Low & behold, I kid you not, the composer was Bach, and the title was "Air on a G String." Now, I'm not dumb. I have had a little musical training in my time and understand what every bit of that song title means. But come on!!! That's hilarious! Air on a G String! Ha ha ha!!! Like what happens to an exotic dancer who ate beans!!!
Sorry. I'm really tired and need to go to bed. OBVIOUSLY.
Oh, on a totally different subject, Emerson is in a BIG GIRL BED today! We converted her crib into a full-sized bed, and MAN, does she look little in it. I almost got verklempt realizing that she'll never ever be in a crib again. I'll never again get to reach over the railing and run my fingers through her hair while she's waking up. I'll never again get sweet kisses through the railing slats, and I'll never again get to lean completely over the side, my feet leaving the floor, Emerson laughing at me while I pretend to be flying. Geesh, this whole growing up thing is not much fun right now.
She's really starting to get fun, however, with her vocabulary. When people come to visit, she says, "Welcome home!" And when she gives long hugs, sometimes she'll say, "I luh you too much, Mommy." Anytime she enters a room, it's "Whatta you DOOOOIN', Mommy?" Then, my all-time favorite, thanks to Dora the Explorer (whom she calls Dora Fara), is she's now yelling "Ayudame! Ayudame!" (Spanish for help) when she actually needs help. So funny.
I love that girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment