Friday, January 29, 2010

Snow Day

I think we had close to 5 inches of snow today. It's beautiful outside, but boy am I glad I'm warm and cozy inside. Daddy worked from home today, and Emerson did pretty well not interrupting his office time. I made some paninis for lunch that were amazing. Have I shown a picture of the newest addition to our family? Jason bought it for me for Christmas, and it's freakin' legit. It's an indoor grill that doubles as a panini maker. So wonderfully useful, and we've become good friends over the last month. I'm married to a man who is brutally honest... it's a trait I've grown to love in him. So now, each panini I make, I ask him to critique it. I'm dangerously close to creating the ultimate turkey & swiss panini with pesto. I'll take pictures of the panini maker next time I use it. I promise you'll fall in love.

Emerson had some funny commentary today. Some random things that came out of her mouth:

"Do you hear that, Daddy? That'll be SO MUCH FUN!" - Mind you, Daddy wasn't even in the room at that moment.

"I'm so very, very pretty!" (She doesn't say her r's so well, so it came out as "veddy, veddy" like she's Italian.

"Oooooh, that's Ban-Tastic!"

"I'm the big sister to Bay Gax" (this is how she's always pronounced Baby Jax)

When she tinkles on the potty, she gets a big spoonful of peanut butter... I put her on the potty after her nap, and about a minute later, I heard her chanting "Pea-nut But-TER! Pea-nut But-TER!"

Then my favorite of the day... tonight at dinner, I realized I forgot to give her a vitamin at breakfast, so Daddy said she could eat it after she ate some more soup. After 3 or 4 more good bites, I slid the vitamin to her and said she could have it. She said, "No Mommy, only vitamin after soup." And the good little turkey finished her bowl of soup before she even touched her vitamin.

1 comment:

  1. I love your versions of Emerson's little sayings. She seems like a real riot!

    ReplyDelete