Thursday, May 6, 2010

Baby Bananas





Has anyone else seen these yet? Or am I the last person on earth to discover the darling phenomenon of baby bananas? Emerson and I ran into the grocery store a couple of days ago, and these little guys stopped us both in our tracks. "Yook, Mommy! Baby bananas!" I think they were like $1.39 or something, but the price-per-pound calculation wasn't enough to keep me from buying the little cuties. There are only two left, but every day Emerson has gotten a kick out of deciding whether she wants Big Bananas or Baby Bananas with a meal. She narrows her eyes, puts her pointer finger on the side of her mouth, and says, "Hmmm.... I..... want.....BABY BANANAS!" Cuteness always wins out in the heart of a 2-yr-old.

On a totally different subject, I was reading Real Simple this week, and they suggested that you microwave your shower puff/loofah/spongy thing occasionally to kill bacteria. I think 30 seconds or so. So there you go, your random tip of the day.

Also, they had beautyticket.com listed as a good website for beauty bargains... I briefly glanced at it this morning, and it looks like there are some steals on it.

Yesterday was our final MOPS meeting. I was so emotional! I was holding it together really well until I started reading comments that the moms had written about their table leaders, and then the tears just started flowing! I have worked with the best steering team this year, and their commitment and service to our wonderful moms has been incredible. I'm looking forward to passing the baton to someone else, but it doesn't make it any easier to say goodbye.

2 comments:

  1. yes, the first time Jace and I saw the baby bananas, he said he should get them for you and Miley! (oh and and that was several years ago... so yes, you are the last person =)
    And go Jax on walking! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several YEARS?! Oklahoma must be the last state in the union to have gotten them (that's what I'm going to tell myself). And hopefully Miley hasn't seen them because I know she will bite them right there in the store. :)

    ReplyDelete