Summer flowers... the ONE redeeming factor of the dreaded months o' heat. And speaking of heat, is it just me or is anyone else out there not enjoying 90 degrees? I know that's nothing compared to what July and August will undoubtedly bring, but I seem to always get a little cranky when 90 arrives. I just really hate that my bra gets soaked from under-boob sweat within like 5 minutes of being outside. Probably doesn't help that my post-pregnancy and post-nursing boobs don't exactly sit nice and ladylike like they used to, if you know what I mean. I also hate sweating on the back of my neck, especially since I've been growing my hair out. I've had to resort to swiping Emerson's teeny tiny elastic bands which I rummage through the car and find. We call them 'piggies' around here. And we keep them in a teeny tiny pimento glass jar called the Piggy Pot. Every morning Emerson gets to decide if she wants two Piggies or one Pony. And drama usually ensues. I've discovered decisions are really a big deal to her. Is that a first-born thing, I guess? For instance, she's become picky about what she wears, so I pull two or three dresses out of her closet and lay them on the bed. She very carefully and tediously deliberates for at least a minute until a clear winner is chosen. Those mornings I usually end up praying for patience so that I don't gouge my own eyes out with a plastic spoon from the play kitchen set. :)
Happy Memorial Day weekend to you all!
Gorgeous pics miss becc....I made one of them my new desktop background :)
ReplyDeleteMiss you...today would be a great day to go visit Marty at Ihloff and hear about the latest cross-dressing/transvestite drama. haha...I'll never forget that day that he started talking about his man's skills as a cross-dressing diva.
Oh how I miss Marty! I haven't ventured back for a pedi there since you left... it wouldn't be the same. I'm sure he's still mourning your leaving. :)
ReplyDelete