Tonight a long-time friend of mine from the church I grew up in came over for dinner. I've known Heather longer than I care to try to calculate. She comes from such a great family... her parents and brother Bryan are some of my favorite people ever. I went to prom with Bryan one year, and because this big 'ole world is actually really small, Jason went to college with Bryan's wife Erin. Anyway, back to Heather. She's one of those people who's mature beyond her years, funny and charming, and drop-dead gorgeous. In fact, Emerson expressed that sentiment to Miss Heather tonight when she was on her way to bedtime. She went over to Heather and said, 'Miss Heather, you're so beautiful' and stroked her hair. We had to talk Heather out of taking our daughter home after that. It was so cute!
The minute she walked in the door, Jax immediately went nuts over her. I've never actually witnessed my son flirt before, but let me just tell you, he turned it on tonight. He was literally giddy and was totally showing off with his block-throwing and top-of-his-lungs-yelling abilities. Such a typical man. Am I right???
Here's baby Jax getting some sweet lovin' from Miss Heather.
You can check out Heather's blog HERE.
Peace out, people. I'm tired and ready for bed. Bun-O-The-Oven is making sure his/her Momma is getting plenty of rest these days. It has always amazed me how a person who is currently the size of a sesame seed can already be taking control. Fascinating and terrifying at the same time!
You are too sweet! It was a wonderful night. We will plan round 2 very soon.
ReplyDeleteTell Emerson and Jax that Miss Heather wants to steal them!