Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Rough anniversary

Today marks 8 years since the Mr. and I tied the knot on a gorgeous summer day.  I know it's cliche to say 'it was one of the best days of my life,' but I truly enjoyed my wedding.  Very laid-back, a beautiful church, an outdoor reception, and friends and family surrounding me... my idea of perfection. 

So fast forward 8 years from that lovely, dreamy day, and right now I'm typing in the office to literally get 5 minutes of peace.  Emerson has been a bear since I picked her up from preschool, Jax is cutting molars and has been crying non-stop since 3:00, and Daddy came home from work early with an advanced sinus infection, so he's hibernating in the bedroom trying to get some sleep and relief.  Ahhh!!!!  Serenity now!!!

But you know what?  Amid all of the chaos and the noise and the stress I've experienced today, there's nowhere I'd rather be.  There's no one else I'd rather be married to, even when we can't seem to finish our sentences when the rugrats are running around.  There's no one else I'd rather see at the end of a day when he walks in looking ridiculously handsome while I quickly wonder if I've brushed my teeth that day.  There's no one else I'd rather share Oreos and milk with or go on a hot date with.

Jason, I love you more today than I did 8 years ago.  Thank you for being the husband and father you are.  Sorry you are sick on our anniversary, sweet boy.   

1 comment: