Monday, August 9, 2010

Randomness

Last night I turned on the light in our bathroom to start getting ready for bed.  As I surveyed the counter and vanity area, I had to chuckle.  How is it that so many random items can collect in a master bathroom?  I saw a wooden ABC toy, an OU gym bag, a straw beach hat, a vinyl patch kit, and a kite.  Seriously. 

My kids love to join me in the bathroom each morning and brush their teeth.  Jax will yell "TEEEEEE" as loud as he can and open the top drawer to find his toothbrush.  And throughout the rest of the day, if I don't keep the door to our bedroom shut, he will sneak into the bathroom, take out his toothbrush, and carry it around with him.  I remember Emerson being the same way, but she would yell "GEEEEE" until she mastered the 'T' sound. 

This morning we went to get the oil changed on the car.  Waiting for a car's oil change seems like a minor thing until you attempt it with two small children.  The place I go is kind enough to have a kids' Lego table in their lobby with two flimsy plastic chairs.  Luckily there wasn't anyone else waiting in the lobby when we got there.  Within minutes, Jax had fallen back in the flimsy chair and hit his head on the floor.  While I was tending to his screaming, Emerson managed to get her flimsy plastic chair on top of one of the waiting room chairs and sit in it.  I still have no idea how she did that in seconds.  By now the waiting room had 4 or 5 middle-aged men all watching the entertainment that is my children.  Next up?  Jax falls forward out of the chair and gets a fat lip.  Again, I'm tending to his screaming, and Emerson walks up to a man and asks, "So what are you doing today?"  Thankfully he had a good attitude about it and played along for a little bit.  Geesh, it was a crazy 30 minutes. 

Next entertaining moment?  Chick-fil-A for lunch.  We were in the play area and a couple of older boys had their shoes on, so I politely asked if they would take them off so as not to step on little ones' fingers, etc.  One of them retorted back that his mom said he didn't have to, then he jetted out of there to tell on me.  The mom was in plain view of the play area, so when the boy pointed me out, I motioned that I was concerned for the little ones' fingers & toes.  She seemed to understand..... or so I thought.  He came back in still wearing his shoes with a smug look on his bratty little face (sorry, I was hacked at this point) and started being really agressive.  Another mom called him on it and told him to calm down.  He again ran and told his mom.  Well, now Mother of the Year decides to march into the play area.  She looked at her son and YELLED, "Are there moms in here who are getting onto you?  Because I am the ONLY ONE who scolds my son."  Then she walked out.  The four of five of us sitting in there had a good laugh about that one.  That poor boy's teachers.  And friends.  And co-workers.  And spouse.  Because you know that poor child will never be forced to take responsibility for anything he does, and he will always be coddled and made to think he's special for some reason. 

So now I'm thoroughly tired and going to take a nap.  Next up on the agenda for today?  Taking Boomer to the vet for yearly shots.  Let's just say Boomer has been known to get out of a muzzle during shot time. 

God help us all. 



  

1 comment:

  1. Those big kids in the play area drive me crazy! I'm pretty sure only toddlers are suppose to be in there anyway. It makes me mad thinking about it! Okay, I'm better now.

    ReplyDelete