I'm sitting at the dining table of a golf villa at Payne Stewart Golf Course in Branson, trying to figure out what to do with myself. We've been here since Thursday with Jason's parents, and we're leaving later this morning. It's been glorious! Jason has golfed both days, and I've slept, eaten, gotten a fantastic facial, lounged by the pool, shopped, and eaten some more. And all with no children. It was a little hard leaving them, being that it's the first time we've been away from them both overnight, but I got over it about the time I was on the lounge chair at the pool, reading People magazine. I seriously can't remember the last time I even opened the cover of a People, much less buy one for my reading enjoyment.
The weather has been gorgeous... maybe hitting mid-80s for a high. Every morning starts briskly, probably in the high 50s, and it's so invigorating to sit on the back 2nd-story patio and actually be chilly. Oklahoma is NOT chilly yet. And it's quite annoying. Yesterday morning Jason's dad and I heard the Branson High School band practicing in the distance, and I realized I'm getting excited that football season is here! The Sooners play their first game tonight, and you can bet my pregnant self will be parked on the couch. In between giving lots of hugs and kisses to my two babies whom I miss terribly.
No comments:
Post a Comment