Friday, October 29, 2010

Dreaded day on the scale & BABY NEWS

Last night the unthinkable happened. Jason and I were both in the bathroom on our way to bed, and I suddenly felt the strange need to weigh myself. And him. So I stepped on the scale, had him look at the number, then he stepped on the scale. Yep, you guessed it. SAME NUMBER. On my long and upward journey through pregnancy weight and his quick and seemingly easy trek through weightloss, our paths have crossed in what seems to me to be a sick and twisted joke.

I told my father-in-law about our common weight on the phone last night, and he laughed and laughed. Sick sense of humor, that one. He and I are actually a lot alike. I can't count the number of times Jason has said to me over the years, "My gosh, I married my father."

I know I jest, but I am ridiculously proud of my hubby. Twenty-five pounds lighter, he looks really skinny and almost unhealthy, but he's about two weeks away from starting P90X again, then the muscle mass will come back, and he'll be smokin' hot. Just like when I met him in college. Excuse me while I go take a cold shower.

Now on to baby news. We finally decided on a name for this little girl! Hayden Reece. I picked Hayden, and Daddy picked Reece. No family ties or any of that... we just like the name. My one qualification was that I wanted a two-syllable first name, so it works for us. She has become quite the gymnast as of late, especially when I lay down and try to get some sleep. She also thinks it's GREAT fun to perch in such a way as to make Mommy want to rip my sciatic nerve out of my butt and thrash someone with it. Most days I'm limping by mid-afternoon. Glorious!

I hope you all have a great weekend. I'm planning to do a bunch of nothing other than loving on my boy and my babies. Don't tell Emerson she's missing out on trick-or-treating. We're trying to keep that a secret until she's...oh... 13 or so.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found THE name! Hayden Reece is perfect. Can't wait to meet her!
    And just wanted to tell ya, sis, that I think you're beautiful inside and out, no matter what that stupid scale says. :)

    Love and miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks sis! I love & miss you, too. Give Avery a big kiss from her Aunt Becca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I didn't hit the post comment button....I love your name choice. My favorite student of all times is named Hayden. He is kind, and helpful (loves to assist Emily W.)talented, a staight A Student and most important he loves the Lord. I pray all these virtues and more on little Hayden Reece. Blessings on you all. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete