Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Fever

It's official.  I've caught it.  It happened sometime this weekend with Daddy taking Friday off and getting to spend lots of good family time together, going to the mall with the kids, and listening to Christmas music on the way home.  So earlier I loaded the kids in the car, and we drove around looking for Christmas lights.  Mind you, the sun had barely set, but we set out in search of them anyway.  By the time we made it home, it was nice and dark, and the kids were almost hoarse from screaming.  It's hilarious how even a rinky-dink light setup at the entrance to a neighborhood gives them such joy.  Emerson spots a house all lit up and yells, "Yook, Baby Jax!  Yook at the yights over dare!"

I love the magic this time of year brings.  I love experiencing it with a pre-schooler and a toddler.  I love the all-Christmas-music-all-the-time station in the car.  I love finishing my Christmas shopping early (only a few more gifts to go!) and counting down the days.  I also love finishing my Christmas photo card order before December (yes, I did) and getting 75 cards for $35 (oh yes, I did).  I love one or two decaf peppermint mochas from Starbucks.  I have yet to partake in that deliciousness as of yet, but I can hear one calling my name.  I love decorating for Christmas, although this year will be a non-decorating kind of year, as I'll be packing boxes for the move.  Uncle Trav is letting us borrow a little bitty Christmas tree for the kids to enjoy, so that's gonne be the extent of our decor.  Well, that and the new Uppercase Living nativity scene I bought last month.  Can't wait to get it out and put it on the wall for the kids to play with.  I'll take a picture of it when I do. 

Happy almost December!  Now we just need a little snow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad YOU have the spirit...because I so don't! Although I did just create and order my Bella-centric christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot WAIT to get one in the mail. Bella is the highlight of the fridge every year!

    ReplyDelete