Monday, April 11, 2011

JaxiPoo is Two!

Time flies when you're having fun, I guess.  I am reeling from the fact that my baby boy turned two on Wednesday.  I think the little guy had a good day, other than when he was asked if he was going to be two.  Every time he would scowl his best scowl and say NO in a gruff voice.  Reminding him that he would be eating Thomas the Tank Engine birthday cake that night seemed to brighten him up pretty quickly. 

Here's the birthday boy swinging with MeMa (or Grandma, depending on who you ask) in his shirt made by my friend Terra (http://www.tickledsewpink.com/)... I love her work!


I got his cake from Target (no can do on the whole making-from-scratch-with-a-new-baby-thing) and the consensus was that the flavor was really yummy.  I set his piece of cake in front of him, thinking he would just dig in and cram it into his mouth.  He seemed to be confused about what to do without his fork, so he just leaned over and tried to eat it that way! 




Here is Hayden enjoying the festivities.  You'll also notice I've gotten rid of my highlights.  I have this love/hate relationship with them.  I love them for a good 6 weeks, then I can't wait to go back to plain 'ole brunette.  Catching the occasional episode of Kardashians while nursing during naptime also fueled the fire.  Those girls may be as dumb as rocks, but they have the most gorgeous, luscious hair I've ever seen.  Genetics and salons probably play a wee part in that.  Nevertheless, I realized I missed my brown hair and actually went to a new place with a new stylist and am really happy with the outcome.


Big sister helped Jax open his gifts and enjoyed being the first to sample them.  I have a feeling her technique won't go over so well the older he gets. 




Here's birthday boy on the morning after his big day (yes, wearing the same clothes over again... don't judge) playing with his new tool set. 

 
Happy Birthday to my sweet boy! 






1 comment:

  1. Glad little Mr. JaxiPoo had a good birthday! What a sweet boy.
    And I love your dark hair....looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete