Sunday, May 8, 2011

Beach & a Baby

We're back!  Puerto Vallarta was fabulous, Hayden was an angel (save for the hour-long fit on the flight back from Salt Lake to Tulsa), and we got caught up on sleep.  What more could two tired, stressed-out, parents of three ask for?  The beach-front resort was amazing... we never left for all five days.  Granted, we had to take time to do payroll for the company, but when you're listening to the sound of the waves through your open balcony door, payroll seems like a welcome task!  It was mid 80s during the day and low 70s at night, and the humidity was pretty intense.  I must say my skin loved it, although my hair would instantly frizz the minute we left the room.  I felt like I was resurrecting my grade-school perm!  It was incredible to spend so much uninterrupted time with my husband and our sweet Hayden.  I told Jason I feel like I really got to know her this week by not having to divide my time between three.  Here are a few pictures:

Hayden the Chubby caught a cat nap on our first flight


Views from our balcony and a couple more of the resort... a lush, tropical paradise!




Hayden and Mommy getting silly on the bed




Daddy and his girl on the way to dinner one night. 


  The day after we arrived, I got a text message from my brother-in-law Eric saying my sister was 7 centimeters and progressing quickly!  I was shocked because she was only 37 weeks.  Baby Hudson Allen was born May 3rd, and big sister Avery seems pretty impressed!  I can't wait to get my hands on that beautiful boy.  Here are pictures of the family of four:






Alas, today is Mother's Day and I am taking care of a sick girl.  Jax had a yucky cough and fever earlier in the week, and he gave it to Emerson and Pa-Pa while we were gone.  Speaking of Pa-Pa, he and MeMaw deserve the Medal of Honor/Valor/Bravery for taking care of our two.  He did preschool drop-off and pick-up all by himself, and even took them to Incredible Pizza and the zoo.  Alone.  Unbelievable!  They had a great time and didn't want to leave every time we called home. 

Jason brought me breakfast in bed plus reading material, and I lounged for a couple of hours this morning before getting up.  Talk about pampering!  It was so sweet of him. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment