I am quite possibly the happiest girl in the world. My sister drove with her two kiddos to stay with us this week! Not just any kiddos, mind you. A potty-training two-year-old and a nursing 10-week-old. For 9 hours. She left Monday at 8:45 a.m. and got here around 7:30 p.m. I told her if she changed her mind and chickened out halfway that I would totally understand. She is the MAN! Eric is at YFC camp this week, and I'm really glad she decided to come see us instead of staying home.
I've been going paparazzi on all of the beautiful children running around my house, so I'll share a few in the next few days.
On Sunday, we had Baby Hane dedicated at our church. It was such a sweet occasion, and tonight as I'm looking through the pictures, I'm realizing it's a little bittersweet because she's my baby. God may decide to bless us with another child at some point, but I'm pretty darn sure it would be via adoption and not via my reproductive system. So I'm beginning to make note of some of our 'lasts' as she grows.
Emerson took great delight in being on stage and basically thought everyone was there to see her. She told Pastor Jeff that Jax's name was Lightning McQueen, and she made laps around Jeff as he prayed for Hayden. (This was all unbeknownst to me... I was deep in the moment and might have spanked her then and there had I seen it. Just kidding. But you better believe I'd have given her THE LOOK.)
Jax was not a fan of being on stage. He scowled and clung to me until I picked him up, and that's where he stayed through the rest of the dedication. My sensitive boy.
Hayden had a great time being held by Daddy, and Pastor Jeff thought it was so cute that she was sucking her toes. I was just really glad that her teeth weren't bothering her and that she stayed happy. It was such a wonderful morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment