Here I am posing next to the stretch limo that picked us up from the airport. It never ceases to be exciting to see a limo driver holding a sign with your last name on it. Makes you feel very VIP!
Our home away from home. We love the Bellagio. And this picture is of the back side of it!
The view from our suite was top-notch. If you haven't experienced the Bellagio's fountains, you need to. Perfectly choreographed to music in an 8-acre lake, they're breathtaking!
Here we are posing at the entrance to the hotel. I've forgotten how difficult it is to get pictures of yourselves when it's just the two of you. I would always look around for another couple and ask if we could exchange picture 'help.' Worked every time.
Sight-seeing on our first day.
If you've seen "The Hangover," you know how funny this is. He even asked to be on Jason's left side "so (his) satchel would be in the picture." I just wanted to kiss him.
City Center was brand new since the last time we had been to Vegas. This complex is huge! Very modern inside.
I've always loved going inside Caesar's. Stunning.
Our couples' massage ended up being hilarious! My masseur was a man who reminded me so much of Mr. Miyagi and Jason's was a younger guy with a voice just like Nicolas Cage (as played by Andy Samberg on SNL). I didn't realize my massage was going to include hot stones, so about ten minutes in, I was mystified at how my masseur's palms were suddenly blazing hot. And they didn't cool off. Until I realized what he was doing, I had a fleeting thought that maybe he had dipped his hands in hot paraffin wax, but how was it still hot?? I finally figured out what was going on and told Jason about it, and he succeeded in adding a comment or two that literally almost made me pee myself. Yessss... nothing like trying not to snort during a relaxing couples' massage. And the more I tried not to think about it, the harder it was to control. I was shaking and tears were streaming down my face.
Here are pictures of the pools at Bellagio. Gorgeous, lush, yummy drinks, and I even had a celebrity sighting. I realized I was walking right behind Juliette Lewis from the pool into the hotel. She had bright orange-y red hair, and she had a small heart tattoo on the back of her neck. It was one of those star sightings were everyone who passed her was thinking, 'I know I've seen her on a movie but can't think which one.' Me included. I had to Google her when I got back to the room. I guess it's better to be left alone as a quasi-famous star than not be able to mingle with the general public if you're an A-lister. Or maybe not. :)
That's the hubby in the bottom left corner with the blue and white trunks on.
Another highlight? Cirque du Soleil's "Love," a celebration of the Beatles, was a GREAT show. Thank you, Joey and Cristin, for the recommendation. (These are pics I found on the web).
We played golf at Bali Hai, next to Mandalay Bay right on the strip, and had fun despite neither of us playing our best golf.
HELLOOOO hottie golfer.
My camera was obviously malfunctioning because it would just 'happen' to take pictures at this angle all morning long.
Dinner on our last night was at Prime, the best steakhouse EVER. Mahogany here in town gives it a run for its money, but my gosh this place is good.
Getting in the taxi to head to the airport was such a bummer! I really thought I would miss our kids more than I did... is that bad?! I think it's a true sign that getting away with my husband is a necessary thing, and being home with three little ones is hard work. We both agreed that we need to schedule a just-us getaway twice a year. Forever.
To my husband of 10 years,
Thank you for making me a part of Team Van a decade ago. When I walked down the aisle to you, I could never have dreamed of a life so wonderful that we would create together. Thank you for building our little family with me. Our three babies will never lack for love, affection, verbal affirmation, and spiritual leadership, and for that I am forever grateful.
You have always been my best friend, my partner in crime, and a constant source of side-splitting laughter and worthless scientific knowledge. And from the first time I saw you in Haskell Hall over 12 years ago, my heart still beats quickly when you enter a room.
You know me, you get me, and you love me unconditionally. You have my back, you build me up, and you make me feel beautiful every day. What more could a wife want, really?
Thank you for choosing me and daily reminding me what a beautiful marriage looks like. I am so thankful to walk our path together and get to hold your hand along the way. I love you dearly.


Looking hot in your red lipstick! You made me tear up in your letter to Jason..you guys are so cute!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Couple...Beautiful Family...Super Blessed!
ReplyDeleteSo FUN...So SPECIAL...One HOT COUPLE...YOU MAKE 10 YRS LOOK GOOD!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove love love every bit of it. Miss ya and I need your lipstick thankyouverymuch.
ReplyDeleteThank you, sweet friends and sistas! And the lipstick is "Heat Wave" by NARS, but it should've been called "Shocking & Violent Neon Orange." I have to tone that sucker down with a berry shade.
ReplyDeleteLOVED THIS! So glad you had such an amazing time. Love the way you love your husband and value time with him. And...I have to say it again...you're looking so good!!!
ReplyDelete