Sunday, January 6, 2013

Project: Girls' Room

I ordered bedding for the girls this weekend! Pottery Barn was having their annual white sale, so I took advantage of the lower prices. In a few months, I'm gonna move Hot Sauce upstairs and put the girls together in what is now the guest room. It's the largest bedroom upstairs, and I'm slowly starting the process of getting ideas together. Here's my inspiration picture from Pinterest:


I showed it to Emerson, and she said, "Mommy, I want this. Exactly like this." I told her that her room wouldn't look like this but that the colors would be the same, and she was okay with that.

Here are the quilt/shams in magenta (not the sheets):


Sheets in a green/white polka dot.


And finally, a decorative pillow on each bed with initial. I have a feeling I'll want to add another white pillow or two, but I'll have to wait and see when I start putting it all together.


The first step will be to paint the room... I think I'll do a pretty blue similar to the one in the inspiration picture. Then comes the hard part... the accessories! I really stress about finding all the little things that make a room come together. It's just not easy for me. A few things I'll be looking for (by way of Pinterest):

A fun chandelier. I think painting one like these below would be SOOO cute.


And I'm leaning toward framing a huge picture of each girl above the beds.


This is gonna be a fun project!!! Poor Jaxeyboy's gonna have to wait his turn. 

4 comments: