Friday, January 31, 2014

The Last Day of 2

Hayden turns three tomorrow. And I am grieving just a bit. Okay, I'm kind of having a really hard time.

The last day of the second year of her life.

The last day of one of the cutest stages, full of wonder and joy and curiosity and downright fun.

This little girl brings life into our home like I never could've imagined. When I held her brother for the first time and looked up at Jason and announced that I "wasn't done," I had no idea what was in store for us. We both really thought we would have another boy. But here came Hot Sauce, loud and fussy and not interested in following the rules her siblings had followed before her. We found out early on that her zest for life was unquenchable. And she really does have a precious little sensitive heart. And her hugs? Best I've ever had.

So this momma has been doing everything she can to live in the moment with her youngest today. I wanna remember this age, her voice that reminds my friend Velvet of the sister on Aristocats, her stout little frame, her beautiful blond hair that's starting to get darker roots, her one precious dimple, and the raucous belly laugh she lets out daily. 

Two was a good year, Hot Sauce. A good year.



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful picture of Hot Sauce! You are such a sweet momma.

    ReplyDelete