We are using a contractor for the job, but the boys did some initial demo last week.
Unfortunately the windows are staying (we're in resale mindset, not make-it-like-we'd-want-it mindset). The huge corner tub is going, however, and I'll be getting my very first claw foot! My kids are gonna miss the 'stage' behind the current tub. Every time they'd take their clothes off for a bath, they'd immediately climb to that area and dance their little naked butts off.
Eeesh. It's just sooo ugly.
Would you believe my husband tore up an entire floor of ceramic tile—heavily glued, mind you—with a hammer? I'm not even joking. The dude is a machine. All while wearing flip flops. Ha! I got in on some of the tile-hammering action. Way fun.
So here was my inspiration picture from Pinterest:
I love the greige wall color, the marble subway-tile shower, the light grey cabinets, and wood floors. We haven't decided if we'll be doing stained concrete or faux-wood tile (it all depends on the condition of our slab when everything is out of there).
The kids helped us pick the marble slab for the countertops.
Next up was more demo with the help of Russ Scott (or Mr. Russ as my kids call him). He runs our insurance agency, and he is best described as J's partner in crime. They're two peas in a pod. Two totally inappropriate, hysterical, often-genius peas in a pod. And WOW that picture is blurry.
Next up in the reno process was the discovery of mold. We were about 99% sure that's what we would find. Two reasons: 1) The smell. For about 3 weeks this gross smell had invaded our bedroom/bathroom, and we were pretty sure that's what it was. 2) I have been having some pretty freakish neurological things happening to the left side of my face, sometimes twitching in my eyelid (almost two weeks straight in March), sometimes severe cramping in my neck when I yawn, sometimes twitching in my chin. I was getting close to going to a neurologist to be checked out when the smell started and we put two and two together. I'll be anxious to see if everything goes away completely now that the mold is gone.
Behold le mold:
Our contractor Todd with Victory Remodeling showed up Monday morning with his crew. They've done a TON already... I can't wait to take pics after the week is over. Unfortunately the shower tile we ordered has to be shipped from a distribution center, so it's gonna take about 2 weeks to arrive.
My favorite reno picture? The artwork Emerson taped to the bathroom door on Sunday night. I'm assuming this was directed toward her siblings.

.jpg)
I LOVE your Pinterest inspiration pic! That bathroom is going to be gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteGoing to be awesome! - Grammy
ReplyDelete