Thursday, January 28, 2016

Catching Up

Oh this poor little neglected blog of mine. I think of it fondly and remember the good 'ole days when I had napping babies/toddlers and could sit down for 20 minutes and recount funny stories and post cute videos. Now it's a Christmas miracle if I get pictures thrown on here, and shut the front door if I actually type something.

I have entered the busiest phase of life yet, and from what I hear from my friends with older kids, it doesn't slow down anytime soon. I'm kind of ready for Emerson to drive. I mean, I don't really want her to be 16 per se, I just really want her to be able to drive her siblings around to their practices. And have her drive all of them to school and back. One of the bummers of private school is the lack of bus service. Well technically there is a bus available, but it costs money. Uh NO.

I feel like when I look back on this blog in the years ahead, I'll be sad that I didn't take more time to really write about the kids, their personalities, etc. Well, listen here, Momma-of-the-Future, I don't know about you, but Momma-of-Right-Now is BUSY, mmmkay? Cut me some slack.

So let me see if I can recap the fall holiday season...NOPE. It's 10:02 and because I'm OLD I'm heading to bed. I've been up late too many nights in a row and it's showing. Wanna know another thing I've been doing? Lifting my toosh off. I'm currently lifting 6 days a week. Another reason for my busyness but it's also an outlet and stress reducer. Well, that's true except for my first leg day. As I'm on rep 80 out of 100 squats, my stress manifests itself in internal negative self-talk and profanity. But Mom-of-the-Future, you will thank me for putting this work in now. Just think what you would've looked like without those squats. You're welcome.

I hope to throw some pictures up soon, but don't hold your breath.

1 comment:

  1. ...is okay. Sleep is NOT overrated sweet girl...
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete