
Because Emerson came a little more than a month early, I learned my lesson this time around and have actually almost completed a nursery before my due date! It still feels a little sparse to me, but it's good enough for right now. I'm definitely going to look for some cute vintage prints of some kind to put on the wall behind the rocking chair. My mom suggested old Dick & Jane prints... wouldn't that be cute? To give credit where credit it due, she made his quilt above his changing station. It's her gift to each of her grandchildren, and they always turn out amazing. And if you're wondering, the initials on the painted canvases are Uppercase Living, of course... this girl doesn't handpaint if she doesn't have to!
We're really hoping to make it through April 1st before Jax comes. Jason has a really big meeting with his agents that day, and I have plans to make this wonderful homecooked meal for him that night (his birthday is the 2nd). I'm fully aware our little man may make his entrance before then, but I've told Jason I'm going to try my best to not do anything that could make me go into labor.
Yesterday I got to meet Kyna & Rabu's newest addition, Paisley Noelle. What a doll! I had just plain forgotten what it felt like to hold & smell a newborn. It absolutely made my day. I'm so thrilled Jax has a playmate already!

Jax's room looks great! I love the colors, and the black nursery furniture. If you're looking for another idea for vintage prints, I've always loved Norman Rockwell's stuff. I actually have a print in my basement somewhere that I bought a while back just in case I ever had a little boy! The print is of a group of little boys playing various sports...I'll see if I can find it and take a picture. If you like it, I'll send it your way!
ReplyDelete