Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jax Update - He's HUGE!

Jason and I just got back from my 36-week ultrasound and check-up. Much to our surprise, I'm already dilated to a 2 and 60% effaced. Plus, the ultrasound tech said he's already 8 pounds! Yikes! With all of this new information, my midwife expressed concern about him getting too big, so I'm going to be induced on April 6th if he doesn't make his arrival before then. I'm not thrilled about the idea of being induced, but it sure beats him getting stuck as a whopping 10-pounder or me having to have a C-section. Also, she's on board for me trying a variety of natural induction methods before having to start the dreaded Pitocin. Oh, how I hate that drug.

Here is one of Jax's ultrasound pictures from today. I love the way his little mouth is open just a little bit. He seems to be relaxing. Don't get too comfy in there, you stinker! You're going to have to make a move in 12 days!

5 comments:

  1. BECCA! oh my gosh...we've got lots to do before then! Have you picked up your chin off the floor yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Jax...come on little guy be nice to your momma and come out easily! Becca-look at your cute blog! You are a pro already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Jax Go! Can't wait to see that little nephew of ours! And the blog... too stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's some exciting news! If I had my way, I think Jax needs to come on his aunt's birthday...or I suppose his daddy's b-day would work too. :)
    I love that sono pic... can't wait to see this little handsome guy!

    I'm excited that you have a blog now...you've always had such a way with words!

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you had the courage, an "outside photo" of Jax from your "greatly expanded profile" would be something to add as well! LOL!

    Love,Dad

    ReplyDelete