Friday, March 20, 2009

Well, this is it... I've been dragging my feet, not wanting to create a blog, but I think now is the time. Why, you ask, have I not wanted to? I'm afraid of the time commitment, I'm afraid some creep on the Internet is going to start stalking me, I'm afraid it'll all be just too overwhelming. But, you know, I sat down at the computer today and just did it. And I'm pretty proud of my creation. I hope to be be a diligent little blogger and keep you informed/entertained/curious about the goings-on of the Van Valkenburg family. Sure, there will be pictures of Emerson, the light of our lives, and Jax, the soon-to-be torch carrier of the family name. (And probably the occasional pic and blog of Boomer, the Jack Russell Terrorist, whom I currently have a love/hate relationship with). But more than anything, I hope this site will just allow you all to connect with who we are as a growing family and provide a fun little getaway from the daily grind. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. yay welcome to blogger land... I am proud to be a follower!! :) one thing to remember, a blog is an outlet not an obligation...just enjoy! Love ya! - Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of photos of Emerson and soon, Jax, will be welcome! And anytime you are on the positive side of your love/hate relationship with Boomer, post a photo or two of him as well!

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh good... now I can feel even more pathetic compared to you =) Hopefully Miley will be a slacker too when it comes to photos and videos of grandbabies!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm gonna sound old...but we never did this when my kids were little. Good job, Becca. Love it!

    ReplyDelete