Monday, April 27, 2009

Amazing Poop

Yes, you read it right... I typed Amazing Poop. That's what my little man had a couple of days ago. You see, I was changing his little tiny size-1 diaper in the middle of the afternoon, marveling at his little tiny bird legs (which are daily getting chubbier, might I add), when all of a sudden, he grunted like I've never heard before and let loose with a stream of yellow poop. For those of you unfamiliar with breastfed babies and their poop, it starts out a seedy yellow color and completely runny. The perfect cocktail for projectile force. After he let loose, I noticed it was all over his clean diapers in their nice little stack, it was all over the case of wipes, it was all over the floor on the other side of the changing table, and it was even all over the blankets in his basket on the floor a few feet away. However, I just today discovered something that I really couldn't believe. In the natural light this morning, I noticed that there were some yellowish brownish spots on the wall. Upon further inspection, I realized they were poop spots and immediately ran to the office to get my tape measure out of my purse. (You may be wondering why I have a tape measure in my purse). First of all, it's not like it's an industrial-sized tape measure. It's actually a cute little green & pink 5-foot tape measure that you squeeze to retract, and it was my very favorite stocking gift from my hubby two Christmases ago. He really knows me. So anyway, I grabbed my tape measure and measures the distance from where my little man's cute bum sits on the changing table to the wall with the lovely yellowish brownish spots. I couldn't believe it. His 3-week old body projectile pooped a whopping 5 1/2 feet! Isn't that amazing?! I'm so proud. He's got his Daddy's bowels. Poor boy.

4 comments:

  1. That was so funny! I am glad you didn't post a picture though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is awesome....I will have to tell you Paisley did the same thing about two days ago. I dont think she had the same range though! Way to go Jax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the most amazing thing i have heard all day. You are the funniest person I know to write a blog about this! I miss you! And now I want to meet jax even more! Give jason my congrats on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe a comparative study is in order; there have been famous distances posted by several of Jax's relatives on his maternal side... Not that I'm doubting Jason's ability to contribute genetically to his son's athletic prowess, however.

    ReplyDelete