Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lazy Saturday

This morning I awoke to Emerson's fussing in the monitor. She either slept a half-hour later than normal or I slept through a half-hour of her normal morning talk. Either way, when I went in her room, she was laying on her back looking at the door, and she immediately said, "Hiiiii!" This was followed by the sign for milk, and she was squeezing those little fingers to her palm just as fast as she could! Poor baby was hungry. We decided Daddy needed to sleep in a little longer, so I made pancakes for the two of us (after her much-anticipated milk, of course).

After lunch Daddy did the inaugural spring lawn mow, and I felt so bad for him. Today we had near-30-mph wind gusts, so watching him stop after one strip of mowing and bag the grass was pretty terrible. He came in covered from head to toe with grass clippings, trying to rub the grass out of his eyes. What a trooper... and quite sexy all dirtied up. Too bad I'm two days from giving birth... :)

Speaking of birth, I haven't had any regular contractions today, but I'm glad because my midwife wasn't available to deliver today. So tomorrow morning I'm going to start walking, using the breast pump, drinking my organic pregnancy tea, and praying that it all gets something going! If not, she's planning on breaking my water first thing on Monday morning, so I'm counting on that working. Hopefully my little man will be here during the day on Monday. I'm getting so antsy to see his sweet face and hold him in my arms!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to meet little Jax!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes for a smooth delivery. I hope all goes well and will be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete