Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cousins

My sister Miley and her baby Avery drove down from Peoria last week. I hadn't seen my sister since Christmas (bah humbug on her living so far away), and it was so much fun getting to meet my newest niece! Avery has the cutest little birdie cry and isn't afraid to let you know when she's hungry... I think she's pretty feisty already! It's a cool thing to watch your little sister enter motherhood and be such a natural at it. I just wish we lived closer so our babies could spend lots of time together. Notice in the picture below Jax and Avery seem to be smitten already. Well, maybe it's a little more like Jax is forcing her to like him. Now that I look more closely, the look on her face is actually one of near-panic. She seems to be saying, 'Maybe if I hold really still, he'll get his chubby little paws off me.'


3 comments:

  1. too cute! jax is already the protective cousin with his arms around her! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture! Avery adores her cousin Jax. Don't let the look of panic fool you! ha ha
    I agree...this 8-1/2 hr distance between us stinks! boo!
    But I always know you're a phone call or email away, and that has been such a blessing to me.
    Love you lots sis. Give Emerson and Jax a hug & kiss for me!

    ReplyDelete