Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Lazy blogger
Pretty much every day since my last post, I've tried to set aside time to upload some videos & pictures so that I can sit down and write all of this. But it's been one of those weeks where the days seem to run together and I'm not getting much of anything done! And for those of you who know me well, that's a frustrating thing. Because I LIVE to get things done. Last Friday, my friend Leslie called & asked if we wanted to have a playdate at the zoo. What an absolutely beautiful day it was weather-wise (not your typical August day in Tulsa), and we had a fabulous time. Her daughter Claire is about 5 months older than Emerson and is as cute as can be. We had a funny incident in the rainforest exhibit... Leslie had a rogue bird land on her arm and it scared the pee out of both of us. I just saw it all go down out of the corner of my eye, and I swear I thought it was monkey that had landed on her head. She screamed, but it was a soft, lady-like scream (talking about the incident later, she said she was so in shock that a small scream was all she could muster). Both of us ducked our heads and ran in opposite directions, leaving our helpless children to face the rainforest alone. That also made us laugh as we thought about it later. As we were about to leave, the perpetrator bird actually had the nerve to cross our path again, this time strutting his stuff. I think he was taunting us. Here is a cute video montage of our girlies. *Actually, I can't get the video to upload right now, so here's a picture of the two of them on the playground. Hopefully I can get the video working tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment