Thursday, August 20, 2009

Poo-Poo in the Potty!

So yesterday Emerson and I were playing in the living room on the floor with Jax, and she looked at me and said, "Poo-Poo potty." So, as usual, we traipsed into the bathroom, took off her shorts & diaper, and she sat on her little potty. I, as usual, said, "How do we get our poo-poo out?" And she, as usual, made a grunting sound and then we chatted for a little bit before she decided enough was enough. I took her into her room, put her diaper & shorts back on, and we came back in the living room. About 30 seconds later, she walked back down the hallway toward the bathroom and came back holding the entire potty in her arms. I laughed & told her that the potty needed to stay in the bathroom, and when I went to take it from her, I was met with the wonderful aroma of toddler poop. That little stinker (both figuratively & literally) pooped on the potty while we were in the bathroom, and I didn't even know it! I, of course, praised her to no end and we got Daddy on the phone to shower her with more praises. There were pictures taken of Emerson next to the poop in the potty as well. I know, I know... but come on, it's a milestone! She got a few bites of peanut butter straight out of the jar to which she replied, "Mmmmm... Yummy Buttuh!" Later that day MeMaw (Grandma) & Pa-Pa Van called to congratulate her as well.

So, I'm not expecting it to be habit yet, but I'm pretty sure she's right around the corner from being ready to potty train fully. Exciting times at the Van Valkenburg household!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Emerson! Take it from a former teacher of toddlers.... girls get it way easier than boys (isn't that just like life?)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how everyone can get so excited over poop! Something that work wonders with my kids is that I kept a small wooden "treasure box" in the bathroom, and I put Skittles and small stickers and anything that my child thought was a treat, and every time that he or she went, they got to pick something from the treasure box.
    Way to go Emerson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! :) Congrats Emerson, such a big girl! Be sure to have a convo with your friend Lexi on Sunday about how wonderful it is to go poo-poo on the potty. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY EMMY!!!! Dida is so proud of you...

    ReplyDelete