Friday, September 25, 2009

Frustration Friday

I HATE trying on jeans. This morning I dropped Emerson off at her preschool (yes, my big girl goes to preschool on Friday mornings... *sigh*), and Jax and I headed off to the mall. I'm in between sizes right now in jeans. I'm going down in size rather than up, so that's a good thing, but the next size down still isn't fitting perfectly. I went to Ann Taylor Loft, Gap, Eddie Bauer, even Sears (thinking maybe good 'ole Levis might work), and I'm telling you right now, not one single pair of jeans worked. I had to have tried on around 25-30 pairs. It was so exasperating!!! Plus, I had to stop in between jeans and nurse little man in the dressing room (thank God no one walked in on me at that moment... can you imagine walking in on a half-naked lactating woman with a 20-pound baby latched on, sitting on the bench cross-legged??? What a thought, right?) Sorry, back to my point. I HATE trying on jeans. I'm hoping when I lose my next 10 pounds the whole experience will improve and I can actually leave the mall with a pair of stinkin' jeans.

On another note, Emerson is into kissing everything she sees. Literally everything. On our way into the house from the garage today, she had to stop and kiss these things in this order: Daddy's golf bag, the tire on the stroller, the edge of the wagon, the tool case, and the door. For some reason, I decided not to rush her inside, and I stood and let her finish her love session. It was pretty darn cute. Then, when I put her in her crib just a bit ago to take a nap, she didn't want to lay down, so she stood at the edge and asked me to 'Tum here.' She then kissed me on the cheek and the arm. Do you think she'll still want to do that when she's 16? Hardy-har. I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Have a great weekend! We're off to Stroud for Jason's company picnic, complete with a cookout and kickball game (the OKC team vs. Tulsa). Thank God I can use the excuse of small children to get out of having to play kickball. At least let's hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment