I went in Emerson's room just a little bit ago to put some laundry away. She had been in bed for almost 30 minutes, but she was still awake. I went over & patted her back and touched her hair, and she said, "Down, please." I told her it was night time and that she needed to go to sleep, but I asked her if she knew what tomorrow was. She said, "Emmasin's buffday pahtee!" We ran through a list of the family attending, and I told her I couldn't believe she was about to be a big two-year-old. By that time, Daddy had come in the room to join the party, and both of us leaned over her crib and talked about what it was like two years ago on this night. Personally, the excrutiating pain I was going through is enough to make me want to forget, but looking back it's amazing that I had no idea what I was really in store for. Never in a million years would I have believed that being a mommy was this much fun or would bring me this much joy. That little girl has been a blessing in my life and has taught me more about myself than I care to know. So tomorrow as we celebrate the big day, I'll probably have a few little moments of secret heartache, but I'm sure those will be overshadowed by the running and shrieking and tearing of wrapping paper. Believe me, there will be pictures and video to follow. I'm off to clean my house!
Oh, I almost forgot. Here's a little somethin' for all you wanna-be gangstas out there. Love it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqBTMNRktBk
Oh precious! Give Emerson a hug and kiss from me and tell her her aunt and uncle said Happy 2nd Birthday! Wish we could celebrate with you all tomorrow...
ReplyDeleteLove the video by the way..ha ha
Eric is going to use it as a "video of the week" for Monday night Campus Life group!
Happy Birthday sweet girl!
ReplyDelete