Thursday, September 17, 2009

Emerson turned TWO!

September 12, 2009 was a great day in the Van Valkenburg household. I surprised Emerson that morning with a lime green tutu and matching headband (I found them on Etsy), and she was so thrilled to be wearing a huge skirt with layers of green tulle. She kept swinging her hips around, trying to figure it all out. We had family over for lunch and then birthday presents & cake. From her relatives she got a Barbie jeep, a play kitchen, rocking horse, Barbie fishing pole, books, baby dolls, clothes.... you name it, she got it. We've been playing hard all week with all of the new treasures! I picked a few of my favorite pictures from the day:

Here she is with a balloon in each hand. She spent the greater part of the day fascinated with the helium balloons throughout the house. It doesn't take much, does it?!





Here she is having a meltdown because she couldn't actually touch the cake I made.







Here she is being comforted by Daddy, the great comforter.







Her new dishes set from her cousins Parker, Addison & Vance.




Butterfly wings from Uncle Travis. She puts these on daily. But, you know, if I had a pair of butterfly wings, I probably would, too.




Here she is shoplifting from her grocery cart. The recession is hitting her pretty hard, it seems.





Momma & Jax (who wasn't feeling great that day... I think he's getting ready to cut teeth.)



More hugs from Daddy, the great hugger.




Uncle Trav instructs the driver on the rules of the road (and how to push the gas pedal).


If she EVER drives like this at 16, she's grounded. FOREVER.





Daddy helps her select the perfect cruisin' music.



Being a good mommy to her new babies.


Finally... she gets her little paws on that darn cake. And she's in heaven.


To me, this picture says it all: I'm sugar-drunk, I'm bloated, I'm a little grumpy, a lot tired, but BOY WAS THAT A GREAT DAY. Well said, Sister.


3 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a day made with memories!
    Love that little girl,
    Gram-pa

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love the pictures...what a little princess!
    Wish we could have celebrated her birthday with her.
    Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, she couldn't have been any cuter on her 2nd birthday! Way to go Mommy ;) She received some awesome gifts for her b-day... we need to have a play date ;) hehe!

    ReplyDelete