I took these pictures of Jax yesterday while we were playing outside, and it wasn't until I uploaded them just now that I'm realizing he's really growing up. *sniff* He's sitting up almost completely on his own now... he only topples when he leans back. I love the slow-motion baby toppling when they realize they're going to go over but can't do anything about it and their chubby little bodies stiffen up as they do it. Funny. He's also into attack kissing right now. As he's facing me, he'll grab sections of my hair with both chubby little fists, pull my face to him, and plant a big, wet one either on my mouth or my nose. I'm sure it feels good on his first little tooth that popped out last week, but I'm pretending that it's completely emotional for him and that he just really likes kissing his momma.
On another note, I think my hormones are out of whack right now. I was on the phone with our health insurance company and literally started crying talking to the rep. Not kidding you. Long story short, I accidentally forgot to add Jax to our insurance when he was born, so I got a bill for his most recent pediatric visit asking for the full amount. When I called, we realized my error, and they said there was nothing they could do. I started calculating in my head the cost of paying cash for all of his doctor visits until now, and I totally freaked. The lady was like, 'Ma'am, I'm sorry, I can tell you're upset, but I'm just afraid there's nothing I can do.' I get off the phone with her, call Jason, and can barely get it out to tell him what happened. I'm crying HARD, people. He calms me down and reminds me that our baby boy is worth every penny we'll have to pay (that's a good Daddy). I get off the phone with him, call the insurance company back, get another rep on the phone, and I kid you not, this wonderful man added Jax to our plan with no hassle. Sometimes you just have to call back!!!
Okay, why am I sad that he is 6 months old? Maybe because it seems like yesterday when you were sitting in my daughter's bedroom floor planning uppercase with me (which I still need to order!) and you were preggo!! The second one seems to fly by way faster! He is a doll baby! Glad you got the insurance worked out! I would have cried too!
ReplyDeleteHappy Half Birthday Jax! Becca, I'm totally laughing with you at your insurance story because we had a similar issue of thinking our employer added him when they didn't. I'm glad to know I'm not the only crazy, weeping client out there. You realize we're probably the example call in the "how to handle crazy people" section of their customer service training:) -Ali
ReplyDelete