Friday, November 6, 2009

Donut Holes?




Emerson goes to preschool on Friday mornings from 9:30-noon. It's something she really looks forward to, and Jax and Mommy look forward to running errands just the two of us. Well, I guess I can't technically speak for him. More than likely he'd tell you he just likes the one-on-one attention from his mother without that other girl there.


When we got home I was going through her bag and reading her little daily report sheet. On it, the teacher lists the snack that was brought by one of the kiddos' parents and whether your child liked it or not. I almost choked on my whatever-was-in-my-mouth-at-the-time when I read 'Donut Holes' as the snack description. You've got to be kidding me! Am I just crazy about this or do other people really give their 2-yr-olds donuts??? And what part of the preschool manual that asks parents to bring 'nutritious snacks' says that donut holes apply?


I'm over it now, I promise. I know someday I'll look back on this and think, 'It was only a few little donut holes... she's obviously fine.' I realize that my first-born is going to be like most first-borns and be the guinea pig for most of her life. I realize that successive children won't be put under quite so stringent eating standards. I realize that a little bit of sugar isn't going to kill her. I realize all of this, okay??? I'm just a little perturbed that some parent out there thinks donut holes fall somewhere on the food pyramid guide.


Editor's Note: None of today's happenings stopped the author from consuming 2 Swiss Cake Rolls brought home from her loving husband for a treat after dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this post...especially the end. :)

    ReplyDelete