Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Boomer is naughty

Tonight the dog was sitting at Jason's feet while he was telling me about his day, and he (the dog, that is) audibly tooted. At first I thought it was Jason, but it was a sound unlike that of my husband's normal gas passing. Because we all know what our husbands' gas sounds like, right? Maybe it's just me. Anywho, we had a good little chuckle about it. I mean, how often do you get to hear your dog let a little squeaker?

Fast forward about 15 minutes, the kids are in bed, and Jason and I are sitting at the dinner table enjoying a nice quiet meal. Boomer suddenly runs up to my chair and tries to jump in my lap like he's scared to death. I don't let him in my lap, but he stays right by my side at attention. Next thing I know, the hubby looks at me and says, "Oh, Boomer must've farted again." Boomer then runs away suspiciously, and I think he was actually smiling over his shoulder as he ran. Jason just so happens to look at the floor by his chair and what does he find??? Dog poop. About four or five pieces. On my kitchen floor. Under the breakfast table. Disgusting.

Seriously, this dog is potty trained and has been for years. When he needs to go #2, he goes to the back door and whines. So why on earth would he just decide, on a whim, to drop his business on my kitchen floor while we are eating dinner? Because there's nothing I enjoy more than finishing dinner with a nice game of 'let's pick up dog doo-doo on our hands and knees while trying not do breathe through our noses.'

Thin ice, I tell you...

1 comment:

  1. dont push your luck boomer... I know of a few mexican restaraunts that are looking for some fajita meat! :)

    ReplyDelete