This weekend was so much fun! It started Friday night with an Uppercase Living party I did for a customer... I really enjoy when I have an Uppercase event. It gets me out of the house, and I love the products so much. She also served a fantastic strawberry jello pie that made me really want summer to get here!
Saturday morning we dropped Jax off at Pa-Pa and Grandma Van's house, and we took Emerson and met Uncle Travis at the BOK Center to see Elmo Live! Uncle Trav planned the whole thing, and Emerson was totally mesmerized. She brought her baby Elmo with her, and she yelled "Hi, Elmo!" quite a few times when she saw him on stage. Like the normal 2-yr-old, her attention span would get the best of her, and she'd sit on the floor at my feet and not want anything to do with the production, but then she'd snap out of it and be just fine. All in all, it was a great experience for her... awww, her first show!



Daddy had to head to the office and work the rest of the day (thank God it's the only Saturday he's had to do this), so Em and I headed over to Lisa & Bella's house for a quick visit. Lisa's parents, a.k.a. Meme and Ba-Ba to their grandchildren, were there helping her pack boxes and do a few things to get the house in shape for the new owner. Emerson was in full show mode, having just come from almost two hours of dramatic theatrics. She was cracking us up!
From there it was back home for naptime, then after naps, we got up and went to Paisley's 1st birthday party! She's two weeks older than Jax and is a tiny little petite thing... such a fun one to hold! Jax is getting ridiculously hard to hold these days. Emerson had fun playing with Lexi and the other kids in the pop-up tent in the hallway.
Today was a lazy day! Daddy was completely exhausted from a beast of a week, so he took my advice and we stayed home this morning from church and went to the local diner for breakfast. This afternoon we all took naps, the kids played outside in the front yard while we cut some of our ornamental grasses back, then I loaded up the kids and did a quick grocery shop before bedtime.
I'm tired! It was a fantastic weekend, but I'm looking forward to hopefully getting caught up on sleep this week. We're going to be diligent about getting up & running this week. I need to lose like 10-15 pounds ASAP. I officially weaned Jax on Saturday, so I'm going to cut back on my carbs a little bit, too. Not quite South Beach Phase 1, but just healthier carbs & fewer of them at dinner.
Here's to a great week ahead with some beautiful weather forecasted!
No comments:
Post a Comment