Thursday, March 25, 2010

March park pics

Since the beginning of March, we've tried to maximize the warm-weather days and go to the parks close to us. There have been fewer opportunities than I would've liked, but here's to wishing for 70 degrees on a regular basis!

Here's Emerson in our neighborhood park, contemplating whether or not she should attempt the big-kid swing again. She's remembering our last visit and the face plant in the rubber chips when she let go too early.




Jax is giving his best goofy grin, completely oblivious to the fact that his sister is barrelling down the slide toward him, head first, about to knock him flat on his back. If you can't tell by now, I'm kind of a hands-off Park Mom.... I think kids should learn what it feels like to fall down when they let go or what rubber chips taste like in their mouth. I mean, how else are they going to learn?




I'm so proud of the little climber. She can do this rock wall almost all the way to the top. After this picture was taken, a group of 3 middle-school cheerleaders came to the park and helped her do it quite a few times. They also helped her do a back bend & somersault, but that's whole 'nother story.


I just love this picture of Jaxipoo. That blonde hair & those blue eyes are gonna break my heart someday.


These next pictures are from a Sunday visit to a park in a neighboring town. We love it when Daddy gets to go to the park with us!

Jax is doing a half-war-face here.



Catching this picture this way was total luck. I love that she's peeking those squinty eyes and that Daddy's in the background, too.

Stick a fork in him, 'cause he's done!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you are fully aware of this, but your sweet Emerson looks so grown up in that first picture. Where did our babies go?

    ReplyDelete