Friday, April 9, 2010
She did NOT just say that
Last night at dinner, I was saying something to Jason, and Emerson looked right at me and said, "Hush, Mommy! I'm talking to Daddy!" My jaw dropped, I looked at her and said, "EXCUUUUSE me. You do NOT tell Mommy to hush." Without batting an eye, she replied back, "No, Mommy, I'll say hush if I WANT to." For some reason, the hilarity of the situation hit me before my anger did, and I just completely lost it. I had to put my head down on the table so she wouldn't see me laughing. I peeked at Daddy hoping that he could help me out, and he was just as tickled as I was. It took a good moment before I could compose myself enough to talk her through it and have her apologize. I got to thinking later about what she said, and she was completely quoting things she's heard me say many times. For instance, when a spanking is coming her way, she usually says, "No, Mommy... you not give me spankings." That's when I always reply back with, "Emerson, Mommy will give you spankings if I NEED to." She changed the 'need' to a 'want' in her version, but man oh man, did she ever nail the rest of it. Spot-on impression of her mother. I'm in for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yes Lexi has had some of those moments... you can't help but laugh!
ReplyDeleteLove that sweet Emerson!