Anyway, today I put my strategery (thank you, W) to good use at CVS. I got everything shown here for $11.04. And do you know what the total cost should've been? Drum roll......$43.93! Nice little 75% savings, huh?!
Saturday, May 15, 2010
CVS Motherload
I used to be completely opposed to shopping at overpriced drugstores like Walgreens or CVS, but that's before I discovered the wonder of coupons, register rewards, ECBs, and the like. My sis-in-law Liz is the queen of strategic shopping, but until recently I never really got it. See, I'm not a very strategic thinker... I canNOT play chess or even Battleship, and even card games like Spades or Bridge totally wear me out. But I finally decided to put my fear aside and just buck up and learn how to save some serious grocery moolah. My favorite source of help? The MoneySaving Queen Website. I also went to one of her workshops and learned a ton. She's a local girl whose site gets about a million hits a month. And her husband is currently without a job. And her son has life-threatening food allergies. And they spend less than $50 a week for groceries and household items. Not even kidding you. She's such a blessing to so many of us for sharing her knowledge.
Anyway, today I put my strategery (thank you, W) to good use at CVS. I got everything shown here for $11.04. And do you know what the total cost should've been? Drum roll......$43.93! Nice little 75% savings, huh?!
Anyway, today I put my strategery (thank you, W) to good use at CVS. I got everything shown here for $11.04. And do you know what the total cost should've been? Drum roll......$43.93! Nice little 75% savings, huh?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so proud of you!!!
ReplyDeleteso impressed!
ReplyDeleteRecently discovered this store too.
ReplyDeleteYesterday I saved over $21.00 on two colgate whiting toothpaste and 10 dawn dishsoaps. My out of pocket expenses were $6.10. I paid a total of 10 cents for all ten dish soaps. I am really liking those ECBs.
Bridget, you rock!
ReplyDelete