No, we didn't get any here last night. OKC and Norman were hit pretty hard. I don't know about you, but I just don't think I would be living in the greater OKC area based on their penchant for attracting twisters. It seems like most of the storms start travelling up I-44 then break up before they reach Tulsa. We got a little bit of rain and that was it. So NOT exciting.
I'll never forget the first tornado siren that went off when Jason and I were living in Broken Arrow. We had been married for a little under a year, and we went to bed knowing there were going to be some storms heading our way. The sirens woke us in the middle of the night, and it was a horrible sound. See, I was raised in the country where they weren't any tornado sirens, so I was totally freaked out when they started blaring. We jumped out of bed and flipped the TV on, and sure enough, there was a huge tornado-producing storm headed right for us. I instantly remembered the news segment I had watched before going to bed that detailed the things you needed to have with you when you took cover: flashlight, first aid kit, radio, shoes, etc. To be honest, I hadn't ever thought about the shoes idea, but what a logical thing to have on your feet if you emerge from hiding in the bathtub to find your house in pieces around you. Stepping on debris while barefoot would be an obvious predicament.
So, Jason's scrambling around half-asleep to get the sleeping bag out of the closet, I'm throwing my shoes on, then we meet in the hallway with the flashlight. All of a sudden, he stops dead in his tracks, takes his first good look at me since we got out of bed, and he says, "Sweetheart, do you think maybe you should put on some clothes with your shoes?" Not even kidding you. I was so freaked out when I woke up, all I could think about was getting my blasted shoes on and totally forgot I was naked. Buck nekkid. Running around the house getting ready to weather out a storm. Can you imagine if our house had been hit that night? Having to emerge from the wreckage wearing nothing but some Nikes? Guar-an-TEE you I would've made the news that night... all blurred out, of course.
HI.LAR.IOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteone word - FANTASTIC
ReplyDeleteThat is hysterical!
ReplyDeleteYou seriously crack me up!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!!! I laughed so hard, out loud, at work... oops. :) Then I had to tell every one why I was laughing...yep you made a whole group of accountants laugh! That is an amazing feat! :) He he
ReplyDelete