Last night got a little crazy around our parts. Some storms were moving our way, and there was rotation associated with them. When the weather guy started mentioning things like 'the golf course,' and 'if you live off Hwy so-and-so or near so-and-so Street' (which we do), we realized he meant business and that we should actually take cover. So we got the kids out of bed, and Daddy put them in the guest bathtub with me. We had all sorts of towels, a sleeping bag, a packed diaper bag, three books, a thermos of water and, of course, our SHOES. You'll be relieved to know that this time I was clothed.
After Daddy packed us all in the tub, he then proceeded to get Jax's crib mattress and Emerson's full-sized mattress out of their rooms. These mattresses were then strategically placed at various angles in the tiny room which holds the shower/tub and the toilet. So things started out okay... Jax stayed asleep for about, oh, 15 whole seconds. He was roused from sleeping on Momma's chest by a certain sister who was hitting her second wind! "Mommy, are we having a bathtub uh-benture?" She then proceeded to read each of her three books, started trying to crawl on top of Jax and Mommy, I spilled the water thermos, then I started to get crabby because I couldn't hear the weather report and Daddy wasn't coming in often enough to give me updates... are you getting a feel for the scenario? Before too long my legs started going numb, and they were so freakin' hot from shoes and then towels and then the sleeping bag on top of all that.
I think we stayed in the tub for about 25 minutes, maybe longer. I don't know, I think I blocked some of it. Toward the end, the kids and I started getting loopy and delirious, and everything became hilarious! Emerson would just make a silly face at Jax, and he would belly laugh like a little old man. It was so funny.
On a storm-related note, Jason showed me this video tonight. It's from someone in OKC from a storm that hit there on Sunday night. You won't even believe it at right around the 2-minute mark.
Watch it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment