So the third child who is currently about 1/4" in size must not have very good hearing. Or he/she must not read Momma's blog. I specifically asked him/her to not make me sick, and he/she has decided it would be hilarious to do just the opposite. The nausea set in last week, and today I've had a couple of dry heaves. Oh, the glorious dry heaves! They're usually a precursor of more spectacular things to come.
During my pregnancy with Jax, my father-in-law gave me a piece of cinnamon gum, and I noticed it helped take the edge off my nausea. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the first trimester with a piece almost constantly in my mouth. Last Tuesday I texted Jason and asked him to bring home the cinnamon gum. His reply back? 'Bless your heart.' He knows and understands all that the cinnamon gum represents. Bless his heart. He has to live with an imposter for the next 11 weeks or so and patiently wait for his energetic, joyful and fun wife to return.
Jax got a mild case of croup this weekend. Poor baby has a barking cough and stuffy nose. His breathing was pretty bad Friday night, so we steamed up the guest bath, and he and Daddy spent a good 20 minutes in there. Jax fell asleep and Daddy got a nice steam facial. Today Jax has improved quite a bit, but I'm assuming it'll be a few more days until he's completely out of the woods.
Yesterday was Father's Day, of course! Jason's parents, brother, great-grandma (GiGi) and great-aunt (SueSue) all came over. I made two batches of chicken tetrazzini and stuffed mushrooms, Travis brought over Olive Garden salad and breadsticks, GiGi and SueSue made yummy veggie appetizers and dip, and Jason's mom made a strawberry cake. Delish! It was a nice, laid-back day, and the kids enjoyed the extra attention. While I was changing Emerson's clothes last night, I asked her what she learned at church that morning, and she said, "God loves Jesus." I said that, yes, she was right, and asked what else God does. She said, "Ummm, he loves to eat dinner."
The natives are getting restless here in the office, so I'm off to prepare lunch. Yuck. Food sounds so disgusting right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment