Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baby Update


















We went to our first baby appointment on Thursday and the little bean is growing!  Right about an inch now.  It was so good to see my midwife Kim again.  It had been way too long.  She's one of the coolest people I know and darn good at delivering babies. 

My official due date is February 14, 2011.  Sweet little Valentine... awww!  The exciting thing about this delivery is that Kim has agreed to let me go full-term this time.  Because Jax was so big (9 lb, 5 oz at birth), she went ahead and broke my water at 38 weeks, but this time I really want to experience going into actual labor on my own.  So what if this one's an 11-pounder???  I'm the type that thinks nature knows best and things will happen like they should.  So now that I've made these plans, watch my water break a month early like it did with Emerson.  I'd be so hacked!

I've already started wearing my maternity clothes, and I'm only 9 weeks.  I really detest how my body looks at this stage because all of the leftover belly is being pushed out, and it's not cute and round yet.  I'm wondering if I'll know the sex of the baby based on how my belly grows.  With Emerson it was egg-shaped and oval, and I definitely gained weight all over.  With Jax I looked like I had a huge basketball protruding from my abdomen, and I didn't gain all over quite as much. 

My guess at this stage is girl.  Emerson also seems to think there's a sister in there.  Anybody else have a guess???

4 comments:

  1. Those big sisters know... Lexi said ours was a girl and she was right!

    SO I am going with Emerson and saying girl. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it's a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My vote counts twice.

    ReplyDelete