This post is going to be gross, so just get ready.
Has anyone else experienced excess saliva during pregnancy? I remember reading about it during one of my other pregnancies but never experienced it until this one. Holy cow, am I dealing with excess saliva. 'Excess' is putting it lightly. I've had to resort to a spit cup. Like an old cowboy deals with excess Skoal. Friends, the amount of saliva that I'm producing is quite incredible. A few days back I decided to let the spit cup accumulate throughout the day because I was curious to see just how much I was spitting. I was working on 3/4 cup by the end of the day. I even forced the hubby to hold the cup so he could see how much it weighed. Yeah, those are the kinds of things we do.
One of the most unpleasant side effects? Accidentally drooling on my children. Just last week I was walking down the hall with Emerson and needed to spit but wasn't quite to the bathroom. She asked me a question and I opened my mouth to answer her and totally drooled down her arm. She looked up and said, "Mommy, I'm a yittle wet!"
I was forced to introduce my friend Lisa to the spit cup on Skype this weekend. I mean, I HAD to! We were on there for close to half an hour, and there was no way I was going to make it without one. She was totally grossed out but laughed her butt off everytime the spit cup made an appearance. It became quite hilarious.
Another issue? Driving. Approximately every 2-3 miles I'm forced to stick my head out the window and let loose. Which sounds all easy, right? Unlike a 'normal' car window spit which contains another substance that is produced in the nose (I told you this would be gross), loose saliva being expelled while driving doesn't quite stick together too well. So Emerson's window is currently a little streaky. We're going to try to hit the car wash later today.
So that's all I've got for now. Hopefully you'll come back and read this blog again. But I don't blame you if you don't. :)
ok, I laughed so hard, I hurt.
ReplyDeleteMan oh man, I was rolling too! bah ha ha ha!!!
ReplyDeleteDANG IT...I forgot to send you the pictures I snapped of you spitting into the cup on skype. Would have been such a great addition.
ReplyDelete