Thursday, September 30, 2010

My ONLY fall decor

Since we are selling, I'm in the process of de-cluttering my house.  Not that I'm much of a clutterer, but I am still looking around for anything that I can possibly box up.  I realized that even though it's not cold yet, I still am feeling somewhat fall festive, so to keep my house de-cluttered but still celebrate the season, I found a new fall wreath 1/2-off at Hobby Lobby last week.  It's literally the only fall decoration I will be sporting this season.  But I think it's pretty, and I'm proud of it.  Of course, I immediately starting catching all of these blog posts on DIY wreaths for $2 made from Dollar Store items, but I have resigned myself to the fact that 1) I don't enjoy scouring the Dollar Store with two young children in a cart pulling each others' hair and 2) my artistic skills would never match what I can find at the Hobster Lobster.  I love that store.  Especially when what I'm looking for is 50% off.















I also made a welcome sign using my Uppercase Living lettering.  All I did was paint the board a cream color and attach the rope with hot glue.  Easy as pie.  Do you think it would be too obvious if I added "to YOUR new home" at the bottom to entice potential buyers? 















Here's a really cool idea for DIY floor candlesticks for cheap, if you're a DIY'er:

http://impatientlyprayingforpatience.blogspot.com/2010/05/12-floor-candlesticks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment