Friday, September 17, 2010

Sick Boys

On Tuesday Daddy got a flat tire on the way to work, so we picked him up and took him.  On the way there he said his back was starting to hurt (which is a red flag because that always signals an imminent fever outbreak for him).  By the time he came home that night, he was burning up.  The next day he looked at his throat in the mirror and self-diagnosed a yucky case of strep throat.  Sure enough, he went to urgent care today and they concurred.  But wait, there's more!  Jax's right eye had been a little red since Wednesday, and it's official... he and Daddy both have pink eye!  Yippee!  Daddy has officially made our bedroom his 'sick cave,' and he's set up office in the bed.  I must say it smells like a locker room in there, what with all the sweating when his fever breaks every 4 hours or so.  I've attempted to start the night off in there, but he's been snoring because his throat is swollen, so last night I finished the wee morning hours on the couch.  Now don't feel too sorry for me.  I actually enjoy sleeping on the couch.  I got one of my quilts from my college dorm bed, and it's colder in the living room than our bedroom, so I hibernated and slept quite well.  Emerson woke me up this morning with a kiss on the arm and said, "Mommy, what are you doing in here?"  Can't remember if I explained Daddy's snoring or not.

I'm so ready for my boys to get well!  It's no fun for Daddy to have to stay away from the kiddos and not shower them with his usual hugs and kisses.  Emerson gets to go to Build-a-Bear tomorrow for a birthday party with Uncle Trav, and I'm dropping Jax off at the in-laws,' so I'm plotting a languid and leisurely afternoon with some light shopping and possibly a stop at the public library.  Now, when I say 'light' shopping, I do mean light.  The first item on my list is a stop at Target for free dental floss with combined coupons.  Exciting times!

Baby #3 update: our ultrasound appointment is next Wednesday, so I will be sure to post the gender of the wee one!  We're taking Emerson and Uncle Trav with us... should be a blast!  I can't wait to see what her reaction will be.  Or if she'll even have a clue what's going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment