Thursday, November 18, 2010

Car Wreck & House Pics

So I was leaving my monthly check-up with my midwife on Tuesday and heading to the inspections on the new house.  A car two cars in front of me was stopped to make a left-hand turn, so there was a line of about 6 cars total (4 behind me) stopped.  All of sudden, I hear screeching brakes, then BAM...BAM...BAM (each successive BAM getting closer to me, and I'm thinking, OH CRAP).  My car gets hit from behind and knocks me forward just a few feet.  Luckily the guy turning left had already gone, so the car directly in front of me had started accelerating, and I didn't hit it.  I got out to survey the damage and was shocked to see the car who caused the accident was in the ditch.  A witness who stopped to help said the female teenage driver was going too fast to stop in time, slammed into the car in front of her, bounced off that car, and catapulted into the ditch.  Thank the good Lord no one was injured.  The EMTs and firefighters on the scene were concerned because I was pregnant, but I wasn't hit hard enough to cause any problems.  And my vehicle suffered only a dent in the back door and scratches on the bumper.  More than anything I was annoyed to be late to the inspections. 

Everything was good with the house... some repairs need to happen, but nothing major structurally.  Here are a few pictures... we're planning on having the hardwoods redone in a darker stain and extending them into the office and dining room, painting and probably texturing the walls, painting the kitchen cabinets (redoing the whole kitchen at some point) and having all of the built-ins painted and stained.  A lot to be done before we move in! 

Front of the house



Our house in BA had a Japanese maple and I miss it... so glad to have one again!




Entryway view... at some point we'll be updating the staircase railing. 







Looking back toward the front door.  Don't you LOVE the light fixture?!  You may come get it if so.  :)   



 


Formal dining



Office (fireplace will be redone)





Downstairs family room



Backyard














The bedrooms are enormous... this will eventually be the girls' room (just Emerson's for now)



Upstairs game room (built-ins to be repainted and glazed)




Play area outside gameroom (taking out the desk and utilizing the built-ins for toy storage... I'm getting some fun ideas for what to do in this space but very afraid that I won't be able to make it actually happen).  
 



My least favorite thing in the house... the kitchen.  I don't think even a pretty cream, glazed cabinet is going to make me like it.  I'm gonna have to really practice self-control and patience in this room because we aren't planning the reno anytime soon. 






So that's our new nest... we're looking at moving after the first of the year at this point.  I'm starting to get both excited and overwhelmed and already starting to pray that all of this doesn't send me into early labor. 


6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're okay from the wreck...geez that can be scary.
    And the house is beautiful! You're gonna have so much space, and it'll be fun to see how it all comes together. Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanks, Reedee! Can't wait to have enough space for all of us to stay in one house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! So much potential... Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BECCA...ok, first of all, are you SURE you're ok from the wreck. Maybe go see the dr??

    Second of all, OMG...what a big girl house that is! Love it. Can't wait to sneak in there when I'm home for Christmas!

    Love you--

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I promise I'm okay... I really didn't get hit that hard since I was 4th in line.

    Glad you like my big-girl house! I'm gonna need big-girl design ideas! Can't wait for you to get here in December.

    Liz, can't wait to see you guys in the spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new home is just beautiful. I will be praying for your stength as you make it into your home, and as you grow little Hayden. I am always available if you want my help with the house or with the little ones. I carry a mean paint brush!
    Love, Mom
    p.s. So glad you weren't hurt in the wreck.

    ReplyDelete