Monday, November 22, 2010

Em's Christmas Dance Performance

Last Friday night Emerson's dance studio put on their annual Christmas Extravaganza at the Riverwalk, and can I just say that Sister Sue was a little bit excited?!  First of all, I promised I would put a little makeup on her, but I made the mistake of telling her about it too early.  For about a week, daily she would ask, "Mommy, do I get to wear a yiddle makeup today?" 

It was a chilly night, but she warmed right up onstage.  The first thing she did after her teacher put her in her place was scream.  Not from fear or fright, just pure elation and joy from being on stage and having an audience at her disposal.  Here are a few pictures and a video that Daddy took.  The crying child in the background is none other than Jax who cried the minute I got out of the car with Emerson and cried again the minute I walked with her to the stage.  I promise I'm not trying to make him a Momma's boy.  He just loves me a lot.






4 comments:

  1. Cuteness!! Oh and a side note --- Vance has the same shoes as Jax! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS...a 'yiddle' makeup. I just have a feeling someday we'll be watching her talk about her 'platform' at the Miss Tulsa State Fair pageant. I dunno... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I love it! Emerson was a hoot. And I adore Jax's little man coat... oh dear, I just wanna squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reedee, I hear you on his little blazer. I found that thing for $1 at a garage sale. I hope you're having a boy so I can pass you all of his things!!! Do you have your appt set to find out yet?

    Dida, I don't know if the world is ready for Emerson the pageant contestant... i'm lol just thinking about that.

    ReplyDelete