Friday, December 10, 2010

New Company

Jeesh, this week has flown by.  It's been one of the busiest weeks I can remember in a long time.  First, this was Jason's first week on his own... he has started his own company, Consumer Insurance Advocates, and because their office space won't be available until January, he's working from home and coming/going like a wild man.  I've been busy packing more boxes, and today the leasing company we're using showed the house, so after I picked up Emerson from preschool, I tidied up like a Merry Maid on crack and literally had about a 45-minute contraction.  I just kept praying that my water wouldn't break. 

I'm ridiculously proud of my husband for his new business venture.  It's been a goal of his to quit 'working for the man' at some point, we just never thought the good Lord would open the door wide open at the ripe old age of 32.  It freaks me out to know we're 100% responsible, there's no one to answer to, and he'll have about 60 agents reporting to him, but he's thriving on all of that.  It's how he rolls. 

I'm only lacking like 3 Christmas gifts, and I'll be finished!  I've been keeping a nifty little excel spreadsheet (my brother would be proud) to track my progress/spending... sometimes my left brain shows up in a BIG way and surprises me.  And I'm still in the Christmas spirit big-time!  I can't believe I'm not sick of the Christmas station on the radio yet.  Emerson has been requesting for me to quit singing along, but I've been ignoring her and telling her it's rude to ask people not to sing.  Is that wrong?!  I just don't want my Christmas spirit to be dashed by a 3-yr-old, y'all.  I'm just sayin.'

Here's to a great weekend ahead.  Emerson and I will be attending her friend Kate's 3rd birthday party at a dress-up/fashion show shop designed especially for little girls.  She's ridiculously excited!  We'll be attending yet another church on Sunday... we're narrowing down and just really ready to find a church home.

One last note... did anyone watch 'The Office' last night?  It was a 1-hour episode which made me happy, and it was a really good one.  I haven't been that impressed this season, but I laughed out loud quite a few times last night.  I also cried and almost sobbed, but that's completely due to raging pregnancy hormones and the sweet gift exchange between Jim & Pam.  I mean, adorable.  And Dwight standing on the roof at the end?  So good.

2 comments:

  1. saw the office... and it makes me happy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exciting news about Jason's new company! Todd just did a similar thing a couple months and while it's a good challenge, we constantly say, "what took us so long to do this, it's great!" I'm really happy for you guys and wish him well getting into the new office space. Have a Merry Chistma!

    ReplyDelete