Christmas morning was fun with the kids. We started our gift-opening pretty early because I had to get the turkey in the oven, but everyone was happy to oblige me. I calculated I only spent about $70 on the kids together, so I was thrilled when they acted like they had received the best presents in the world. I guess that's par for the course for kids under four. They don't yet understand that there are really cool, expensive toys out there. I'm trying to keep that fact away from them as long as possible.
Daddy was naughty and broke the afore-agreed-upon budget limit between the two of us, which he does every year. I shouldn't be surprised, but each year I am. I feign indignation, he feigns ignorance, and I'm sure we'll play this little game until we're both gumming our food. I love that man.
Before I post some pictures of our festivities, here are a few of my favorite Emerson & Jax quotes from the past week or so:
* Emerson came running down the hall from her bedroom wearing only her panties, yelling, "Yook, everyone! I'm naked-ing!"
* Jax's first sentence was "Hey go, Mom" (here you go, Mom)... said while handing me his empty milk cup.
* Emerson walked into my bathroom wearing my bra over her clothes and shouted, "I love wearing my nipples!"
* When Jax is asked a question of whether he'd like to do something, he responds with, "Ummm.... Sure."
* Jax's new cute word-of-the-day is 'see-gow-ies' (sunglasses). Makes me laugh every time he says it.
* Finally, when he wakes up in the morning, he stands in his crib and calls to each of us, "Momma, wheh ahh you? Daddy, wheh ahh you? Sissy, wheh ahh you?"
Happy New Year!
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any negative side effects you may have suffered while viewing the picture of the great white whale above. I should have given ample warning. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment